If you’ve kept up with the latest changes at Facebook, you probably know about edgerank: the algorithm that determines what shows up in users’ newsfeed. Many businesses that use Facebook for marketing are worried about the drop in organic reach–some have given up on Facebook altogether. But don’t give up hope yet. With the right techniques, you can use Facebook to generate genuine engagement with fans. Here are thirteen things you can do to improve your Facebook marketing.
- Integrate your Facebook page with your other campaigns. Place links to your Facebook page on your blog, website and in the signature of your professional emails. You should draw attention to your Facebook page by presenting it as a way to get access to exclusive content and more promotional offers.
- Consider creating a group instead of a page. Creating a Facebook group can encourage subscribers to make their own community online so they can interact with others. This will also give you the ability to inform your subscribers of updates.
- Having a contest is a good way to make more people pay attention to your Facebook page, so be sure you use this to your advantage. Offer users prizes and discounts in exchange for encouraging people to like your page. Be sure to follow through properly and actually give out the prizes, or your honesty will fall into question.
- While you want to advertise your products, this should not be the only content that is present on your Facebook page. You should share any information that you feel is relevant to your business. If people think that making money is your only goal, they will be hesitant to work with you.
- Use a cover photo on your Facebook page that really shows off your brand. For example, show a picture of one of your bestselling products. You want to keep your products fresh in the mind of the public, and choosing the right cover photo can make this a lot easier for you.
- Facebook has become almost a second website for many businesses. After being of Facebook for a number of years and comparing traffic results from Facebook and to the official business website, many businesses are finding they have more Facebook traffic than they do on their home website. This is a great way to expand your presence on the Internet.
- Use Facebook as a customer service tool. Invite customers to send you questions, comments or complaints by commenting on your Facebook page. This is a great way to display your excellent customer service policies. Answer questions in details and offer refunds or new products right away to the customers who complain.
- Do not repost any pictures on Facebook that sensationalize tragedy. You may think there is nothing wrong with sharing a photo that insists people need to like it to show respect for a crime victim, but it is the total opposite. You will be looked at as someone that is trying to profit from the bad fortune of someone else.
- Do not build any apps on Facebook that require more than three or fours steps to get started. The more complicated something is, the less likely people are to want to deal with it. If someone can use one of your apps right away, they will be more likely to sign up.
- Do not place any images on the cover of your page that are not good quality and/or are not relevant to your business. You may see a nice picture that you think people will love, but it won’t make any sense to post it if it has nothing to do with your business.
- Do not create postings that are too long. While you may have a ton of information to share, nobody will want to wade through 1,000 words to get to the point. Try to keep all of your postings as short as possible, but make sure they are well-written. You want people to be able to grasp the main idea.
- Think about joining groups on Facebook that are related to the field that you work in. The more of a presence that you have on Facebook, the more people you will end up reaching. And of course, the more people that you reach, the higher your earning potential will be.
Facebook is an amazing tool as the audience there is hugely varied. You need to use it for your own benefit today. The tips here will show you how to get the most out of your Facebook marketing efforts.
Learn more on Cody Butler.